Students make a difference
Without the commitment of students to the long-term vision of Colorado State University, the College of Business would not be opening up 54,600 square feet of new facilities especially designed to meet the needs and challenges of
Did You Know
U.S. News & World Report looks at alumni giving percentager to determine national rankings. Increasing our current alumni giving rage of eight percent will enhance the value of all graduates' degrees.
the years to come. Essentially, students are the pioneer donors to the Campaign for Colorado State University and have pledged to fund new construction on campus, including $10 million in student fees to help fund the expansion of Rockwell Hall. Future generations of business graduates will know that access to a world-class education at Colorado State was thanks to them, that their success was built on the shoulders of many before them.
Beginning in summer 2010, the new building will touch the lives of almost 5,000 students seeking business degrees at Colorado State and around the world through the College’s distance education courses. As student fees and tuition increase, the College is working hard to provide a greater number of financially meaningful scholarships to continue attracting high-achieving students who are being courted by other business schools. As part of its $55.7 million campaign, the College has raised nearly half of the $4 million needed for student scholarships.
Alumni can help the College raise its profile around the country as one of the finest in the Rocky Mountain region by continuing to give back to an area in the College that they care about, like helping to fund scholarships for students.
“Education is the most important investment people will make in their lifetimes. At the College of Business, our duty is to create and cultivate the relationships that will generate the revenue needed to continuously improve the curriculum and turn this investment into a valuable asset, making your degree worth more tomorrow than it is today.”
It is our hope that the skills and experience alumni gained at the College of Business have made a significant impact in their life’s endeavors. We now ask that you invest in the College’s people, programs, and places. You have the power to make a difference in the lives of our students. We need your involvement today!
Campaign for Colorado State
With lofty ideals and precise goals, we continue The Campaign for Colorado State University. The College’s $55.7 million fundraising goal is designed to push the frontiers of teaching, research, and community engagement and redefine the focus of business education.
To achieve our vision of reshaping business education, the College of Business needs investors like you. I invite you to partner with us on our journey to become the best business school in the Rocky Mountain region. Together, we can make a difference!
$340,000 for curriculum development
Pinnacol Assurance agrees to support risk management curriculum development in the CSU College of Business Finance Department with a gift of $340,000 to be paid over five years beginning in March 2010. The goal is to add insurance content to the existing finance major. The usage of funds will be determined by the Chair of the Department of Finance and Real Estate, and may also include support of student scholarships, and insurance research and publication.
how you can help
- Fund a scholarship. Give any amount to the Students First Scholarship Fund. Scholarships accomplish two important goals: First, they make a Colorado State education accessible to students who may not be able to pay for college. Second, scholarship funds help the College of Business successfully recruit high achievers who are courted by other business schools.
- Give any amount. Give any amount to the General College of Business Fund.
- Participate in career fairs. Contact Melissa Luna, (970) 491-0706.
- Network with fellow business alumni. Contact Allison Robin, (970) 491-3265.
- Connect with us through Linked In. Search for College of Business Alumni Group.
- Speak at a class. Contact Allison Robin, (970) 491-3265.
- Speak at Business Day. Contact Susan Athey, (970) 491- 5322.
- Conduct a mock interview. Contact Melissa Luna, (970) 491-0706.
- Provide an internship. Contact Melissa Luna, (970) 491-0706.
- Join the Everitt Real Estate Center. Contact Anne Spry, (970) 491-5522.
Leave your legacy at the College of Business!
Today, we would like to offer you an opportunity to participate in the College of Business "Buy a Brick, Build a Legacy" Campaign. Whether it's your name, the name of a family member, a teacher who inspired you, or an inspirational message, you can have an engraved brick permanently placed at the west entrance of Rockwell Hall-West, the new expansion of the College of Business.
We offer two brick sizes:
- Small Bricks allow for 3 lines at 16 characters per line for $250.
- Large Bricks allow for 6 lines at 16 characters per line for $500.
To secure your brick(s), please visit http://advancing.colostate.edu/ROCKWELLHALLWEST
Order your brick today and be a part of College of Business history!